Sunday, March 25, 2012

The colors of March

While I have admired the colors around this Spring, I have not taken pictures. So rather than share photographs, I can only write about the delicate pinks and whites of the trumpet tree that bloomed all over Indiranagar and greeted me each morning as I drove over the Domlur flyover; The striking red of the tree that is on the 12th main, the yellows of the carribbean trumpet tree in the park near Old Madras Road and the ethereal lilac/purple of the jacaranda all over the city. It has been an absolute delight looking at these trees and reveling in their midst. The raintree right in front of my house has also bloomed, the picture below though is from the one at the Bhoganandishwara temple that I visited a few days back.

















The gulmohars in the city have not started blooming yet, they usually wait until April - but this one a little outside was in a riot of color, thanks due probably to the scorching heat.
















And finally, the plumeria (near Bangalore Central Mall), showing off its sweet pink flowers.


1 comment:

Vetirmagal said...

Love to see those flower trees of Bangalore. Jacaranda,with its color,mmm..
and Gulmohar already flowering?
In Hyderabad, our tree just started giving out new leaves.