Sunday, August 2, 2009

Crocus

I had neglected my pot of crocuses (or is it croci?) for a while and recently noticed that it was filled with grass - the long kind that from a distance resembles the crocus. I put on my gloves, hunkered down and set forth on an extirpating mission -- it was no small task -- the roots of the grass were thick and i was afraid they were intertwined with those of the crocus. I gingerly pulled away though and in time cleaned the pot of all the pesky intruders. (if your sunday mornings are spent weeding you should definitely check out this blog post).

Imagine my delight the very next morning to see 17 buds -- it looked like the entire pot had just paid a visit to the manicurist! Was it the rains? Or was it the removal of the grass?

That was friday,
look what sunday morning had in store for me:


Unfocused perhaps, but pretty, pretty, pretty!

No comments: